Tuesday, January 13, 2009

churrasquinho e caipirinhas com a familia hospedeira

Oi Pessoal!

Today I came to meet the rest of my host family and the house i was going to live in for six months and i really liked it. It seems like a good semester ahead. I haven't gone around the entire house yet because i'm a little tired so i'll make this short.

I came after 2 pm to have a 'churrasquinho' at my host family's place. When i arrived to the house I first met Zizú, hopping around the garage, and then I met my older host brother, Fabio (28) and his girlfriend. Later, my host uncle and aunt came and finally after eating came my other host brother, Marcos (25). He's not in the picture because he got there after we took it.

The food was really good so as you can imagine i ate quite a lot. I tried different types meat and i liked them all but above all i liked linguiça the most. It was so good and tasty. Also, an important thing to learn about brazilian culture is learning what they drink here so the family taught me how to make caipirinhas in the traditional way. I really liked the meal. We talked about São Paulo, Guatemala, politics, poverty and the family. We laughed a lot too. It was a lot of fun and the brothers are really crazy and talkative. With them i will learn most of the portuguese 'palavrões' just in case someone insults me or if i need them some time. It seems like it will be a good time here.

P.S.>
just in case you're thinking of having some party soon:
Crush lime and sugar, add caninha (or 'pinga' which is how they call it here and it's weird for me to say...) and finally add ice. Shake well. Enjoy.

and this is my floormate: Zizú. part of the family and official poop-making-machine of the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment